Business & Corporate Law
At Carpenter & Guy, we create relationships designed to grow with your business. We are your go-to lawyers for all of your corporate legal needs. From entity formation and contracts, to debt collection and acquisitions, we are here to provide the services you need over the long haul.
Business & Corporate Law
Carpenter & Guy we offer small firm ethics and atmosphere to businesses necessary to build lasting relationships. We utilize our years of involvement and participation in the corporate litigation field to ensure that our corporate clientele receive experienced and adept legal representation personalized to cater to your business’s individual requirements.
Whether you are starting a business, expanding your current enterprise or changing the structural organization of your business entity, we will assist you with entity selection based on your business goals. We are committed to guiding new businesses to success and helping existing businesses flourish.
From the formation of your business entity and through all phases thereafter, we provide sound legal advice, create plans designed to help you recognize your business goals, and contracts aimed at protecting your assets through tax planning and avoidance of litigation. When disputes arise, our firm will litigate with precision and purpose to achieve a fair and just resolution.
We will assist you in establishing the proper legal foundation for management of your business operations so that you can focus on protecting your business investment and enhancing its prosperity. Carpenter & Guy offers a full range of entity/corporate representation services, including:
- entity formation (nonprofit, partnerships, LLCs, LLPs, S-Corps, C-Corps)
- corporate structuring, restructuring & reorganization
- LLC & LLP operating agreements
- corporate articles of incorporation
- corporate shareholder rights agreements
- owner, director and key man representation
- review and drafting of contracts and agreements (non-compete, confidentiality, non-disclosure, clinical research, maintenance, consulting, marketing, sales and distribution agreements, vendor contracts, executive contracts, & joint venture agreements)
- labor and employment disputes
- professional licensing board)
- private and closely held business representation and planning
- working closely with other corporate representatives, such as CPAs
- debt consolidation & debt collection
- breach of fiduciary duty claims
- trademarks & copyrights
- risk mitigation
- business disposition
- contract disputes
- mergers and acquisitions
- business succession planning
- entity dissolution
559 West Main Street
Sylva, NC 28779
MONDAY – THURSDAY
9 AM – 5 PM, Closed 12 – 1 PM
9 AM – Noon, By appointment only 1- 4 PM
Closed Wednesday at noon through Friday
Christmas / New Year:
Closed December 23 through Jan 2
No Real Estate Closings:
November 30, 2022
December 16, 2022 - January 11, 2023
Serving the counties of Jackson, Buncombe, Haywood, Macon, Swain, Graham, Clay, and the towns of Sylva, Murphy, Waynesville, Franklin, Bryson City, Hayesville, Robbinsville and the Cherokee Qualla Boundary.