Agatha B. Guy
Aggie Guy is a native of Haywood County, North Carolina. She attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she graduated with a degree in Journalism. Aggie later earned a juris doctorate from Florida Coastal School of Law and an LL.M in Tax with a concentration in Estate Planning from the University of Alabama.
Aggie has extensive experience in estate planning and estate administration. She has worked with the Jackson County Area Agency on Aging since 2008, helping area seniors with their estate plans. She currently serves as the Public Administrator of Jackson County. Aggie’s other practice areas include commercial and residential real estate, guardianships, land partitions, collections and business entity formation and governance. Aggie became a partner in Earwood, Moore, Carpenter & Guy in 2015.
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, 2009, LL.M. Taxation
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, 2006, Juris Doctor
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, B.A., Journalism
- Jackson County Area Agency on Aging, Attorney, 2008-Present
- Jackson County Public Administrator, Guardian, 2013-Present
- Carpenter & Guy, PLLC, Partner, 2017 – present
- Earwood, Moore, Carpenter & Guy, Partner, 2015-2017
- Attorney 2013-2014
- Melrose, Seago & Lay, 2007-2013
- Appalachian Antique Hardwoods, LLC, In-house Counsel, 2006-2007
- 4th Circuit Office of the Public Defender (Jacksonville), 2005-2006
- NC General Assembly, District 29, Senator Dan Robinson, 2001-2002
559 West Main Street
Sylva, NC 28779
MONDAY – THURSDAY
8:30 AM – 5 PM, Closed 12 – 1 PM
8:30 AM – Noon, By appointment only 1-4 PM
Serving the counties of Jackson, Buncombe, Haywood, Macon, Swain, Graham, Clay, and the towns of Sylva, Murphy, Waynesville, Franklin, Bryson City, Hayesville, Robbinsville and the Cherokee Qualla Boundary.